Blogger Tricks

Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's not like I'm telling a lie...

"Eye contact occurs when two people look at each other's eyes at the same time."
"Eye contact". Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary.

***

When two or more individuals talk, the person that talks is used to being looked at. Therefore, making eye contact is making other people expect conversation.

Some people find eye contact more difficult than others. For example, those with autistic disorders or social anxiety may find eye contact to be particularly unsettling (http://www.iidc.indiana.edu/index.php?pageId=472).

But it's not just happened to autistic disorders or social anxiety. For some people, they also don't look you in the eyes because of some reasons.

***

"A person can't look at you in the eyes because he/she may be lying."


"In romantic relationships is usually because that person is afraid to trust you."


"Social anxiety. I can't look people in the eyes because I have extremely low self conscious. It's so frustrating when you can't look somebody in the eye, I should know. You feel so rude, but yet you feel so self conscious."


"Some people are just shy or maybe if like someone specially who likes you will try to avoid eye contact, because of course it'll make them blush. But to most some people like me can't keep an eye contact because some are really shy to look straight at your eyes, you can all see it by their body language."


"I'm very shy and can't stand looking people in the eye while talking! I usually look down or glance a few times at their eyes but it just makes me feel uncomfortable."


"It's hard more me to look into people's eyes. It's not because I don't like them or I'm not interested in what they have to say. It's just sometimes I get nervous and I don't want the person to think I'm weird for starring them down. It's just harder for some than others. You can't really judge that person unless you know their motives behind their action."

***

Oh wait.
Look at the post title.
"It's not like I'm telling a lie..."

. . .

So, in the end...
"I'm not guilty. I don't hide anything. I don't do anything bad. I just simply can't look people in the eyes."

***

And that's what happened to me.

Thank you for reading this.
I hope you understand my situation now.
See you to the next posts~

No comments:

Post a Comment